Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Finally: The Golden Temple



They say the best time to visit the Golden Temple is near sunset. It isn't difficult to see why. The temple itself is of course, golden. But at this time of day, so is everything else! The pool of water that it stands in, the long white boundary walls that surround it, everything glints gold. Gorgeous, fluid gold.




You really must go see it. With your camera...


...or otherwise.


While you're there, you'll get sage advice,


great communal temple food (there's a dining hall behind the arches),


and a wonderful nighttime view.


Go visit. Talk to one of the helpers while you're there. Learn a thing or two about the history. It isn't the only way to do it, but it sure is a good way to spend a day.

If you're anything like me, I think you'll like it.

--End

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe the number of times I almost went, but not quite :( Lovely pics, especially the last one, tres gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these photos!! Especially the first one so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I am going through some of these issues as well.

    .

    Also visit my website: novoline automaten tricks 2012

    ReplyDelete