Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mambo No. 5

How long has it been since you heard this song?

It's been a while, hasn't it? I heard it this afternoon, in the backseat of a car with a fourteen year old doggy. On a ride I bummed with a college prof. Man, what fun.

I think that on some days, the universe just throws a bunch of fun stuff (like bird poo!) at you, just to see how you'll react to it. Or how stubbornly you'll outdo yourself at randomness. Which is what I did.

So, today was spent exploring the big backroads of the city, limbo-ing through gaps in barbed-wire-thorny-bush fences, being an excellent receptacle for aforementioned poo, and absorbing knowledge from the Economist magazine, the (wonderful) people at TED talks, and my Econometrics teacher. In case you thought I spent all day outdoors.

Also, we received a package! I'd been expecting the sweets below for a couple weeks now. And they finally arrived.

So pretty.


And yet, so different from what I expected. They tasted like box! Not the yummy, wooden flavour you find at the end of a popsicle, but pure, good-quality PVC. And we all know the only kind of polymer I want in my mouth is chocolate.

Oh, packaging. Oh, strange days.

Good thing we have the mambo.

1 comment: